Re: WG discussion: proposal to remove BP2 - Provide context required to interpret data values

This is not necessarily an argument against removal, but we may have missed the spatial boat on the wording of BP2. Context is such a vague term, and units of measure are a very general requirement, but my sense is that BP2 refers specifically to the spatial context of other feature properties or data values. For example, a population value refers to a land area or a unit land area even if the only included geometry is a (centroid) point. A river may have a flow property, but that value is a measurement or calculation for a particular point along the river even if the river is represented as a line or polygon. So the practice would be to provide metadata that clarifies the spatial significance of non-spatial feature properties.

Josh