Re: SOSA/SSN integration architecture

Thanks!

I have removed the *bold* in the implication of Option 1. I do want to keep the implications neutral. Some people may care a lot about that specific implication, some others not.

I also deleted the statement “always the case with slash-based URIs” with the “One needs to dereference a term to figure out where this term is defined”. Raphaël added the yesterday as an implication. The commonly expected behaviour/expectation with Ontology Slash URIs on the Linked Data Web is that the ontology sits at the directory level of that term. I think it is a valid point to make in this option that the behaviour here and in Option 2 would be different. Again, some people may care about that, some others not.

From: Maxime Lefrançois <maxime.lefrancois@emse.fr>
Date: Friday, 24 February 2017 at 6:09 am
To: Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>, Armin Haller <armin.haller@anu.edu.au>, "public-sdw-wg@w3.org" <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: SOSA/SSN integration architecture

Dear all,

I updated option 1, and highlighted its multiple variants,

I would like to highlight variant sosa1, for which looking up the unified namespace leads to the SOSA ontology.

Kind regards,
Maxime

Le jeu. 23 févr. 2017 à 12:12, Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr<mailto:raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>> a écrit :
> ➢ Done, changed it on the Wiki. I think that makes it clearer.

Thanks.

> ➢ You can use the ontology URI to figure out which terms are in the core (SOSA). It is the same behaviour as in Option 1. In Option 1 you also either need to dereference each term to figure out where it is defined or to use the ontology URI of SOSA or SSN explicitly. If you think this is an important caveat, you can spell that out in the implication for both options.

I agree, this is true for both options 1 and 2. Done, I have added for
each: "* One needs to dereference a term to figure out where this term
is defined OR to use the ontology URI of SOSA or SSN explicitly since
there is just ONE unify namespace."

Note: Option 3b is still Option 3b and not a variant of Option 1
although it could be.

   Raphaël

--
Raphaël Troncy