Clear illustration of how much confusion the use of two namespaces brings to the users. Was: SDW plenary agenda item - Namespace for SOSA and SSN ontology

Dear Armin, Jano, all

The confusion you just made about which namespace System is defined in is
very unfortunate,

It illustrates perfectly the kind of confusion that I would like to avoid
for our end users.

If you two are confused once or twice with these two different namespaces,
how often do you think our end users will be confused  ?

We are defining terms in one or the other namespace following some logic
that the lambda users will not grab at first.

This is the main reason why I strongly encourage the choice of a unique
namespace, may it be SOSA or SSN.

To me, semantics and redirection issues should be put aside for now, as
they are tiny technical questions with respect to the aforementioned
usability issue.

Kind regards,
Maxime

Le mer. 22 févr. 2017 à 03:39, Armin Haller <armin.haller@anu.edu.au> a