RE: OWL-Time - superclasses for Position and Duration

Hearing no objections, and since this proposal is expected to be generally benign and uncontroversial, I have accepted the pull-request and will close ISSUE-149.

Simon

From: Cox, Simon (L&W, Clayton)
Sent: Thursday, 9 February, 2017 15:40
To: 'public-sdw-wg@w3.org' <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: RE: OWL-Time - superclasses for Position and Duration

Unless anyone objects, I propose to accept the pull-request https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pull/515 which adds two superclasses to OWL-Time.

The effect of these is to properly recognize that

-          :GeneralDurationDescription and :Duration are both the same kind of thing, here called :TemporalDuration

-          :GeneralDateTimeDescription and :TimePosition are both the same kind of thing, here called :TemporalPosition

Without these superclasses there is not a proper connection from the classes :DurationDescription and :DateTimeDescription from OWL-Time 2006, and :Duration and :TimePosition introduced in this revision.

This is in the tracker as ISSUE-149

Simon