Re: hasResult / Sampling in SOSA & ISSUE-90

Hi Simon,

> Result is a role, not a proper class

Yes, I agree. In O&M we left it as a wildcard, and that was when dealing
only with observation results, which are at least only 'values'!

In SOSA the scope is explicitly increased to include Actuation and
Sampling, the results of which are less clear. As mentioned in my mail
earlier this week, the result of a sampling activity is primarily a new (or
transformed) sample. Actuation usually changes the value of some property
so is probably closer to the observation/sensing world.

Using OWL it is quite reasonable to model roles as classes. So I guess I
would see sosa:Result as being a superclass of (at least) sosa:Sample and
ssn:ObservationValue.

So preferably 3 than 4 for you ?

I added a section "proposed implem" for solution 3. Can you check this
reflects your proposal ?

Kind regards,
Maxime