Re: Different or same Namespace for SOSA/SSN

Thanks Simon, I fully support and agree with everything what you said.

Let me just add two more aspects.

One is the branding, i.e., a clear signal that SOSA is usable on its own.

Secondly, and more importantly, what about academic papers,
documentations, slides, source code fragments, and so forth. Clearly, if
I have a code snippet, slides, or a text fragment in a paper (such as
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit
\texttt{sosa:sensor} Duis sed sollicitudin metus, eu vulputate magna.")
then two namespaces are easier to use while a one namespace solution
suddenly becomes a problem if I would like to immediately know which of
the two ontologies are being used.

Best,
Jano

Email: jano@geog.ucsb.edu