From: Armin Haller
Sent: Friday, 3 February 2017 10:53 AM
To: Kerry Taylor <kerry.taylor@anu.edu.au>; Maxime Lefrançois <maxime.lefrancois@emse.fr>; SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: State of SSN: arguments in favour of a single name and namespace, proposal, the SEAS example, proposal of action

Kerry, I just want to take note here of the fact that we as a group now seem to have a resolution on our two votes from the last teleconference:

PROPOSED: SOSA and SSN new use separate IRIs
PROPOSED: SOSA and SSN new use separate ontology files

You have agreed to that in this and a previous email. I suggest we take this as resolved now and move on.

That does not mean that we cannot have *one* namespace and nobody has said before that this is not possible. What I have said in a previous email is that you cannot have the same *namespace prefix* in one document.

There is no consensus yet on if we have *one*, *two* or *more* namespaces. Several members have expressed their opinion, and some have also expressed a willingness to support either, if necessary. Maxime has agreed to model the implication of using one namespace in a separate branch. We do have the example of using two namespaces already on Github in the current implementation.