Re: Architecture of SOSA/SSN integration

Hi

thanks for taking the time to lay it out. I'm not sure that the case where
OWL axioms _exactly_ reflect the SOSA text definitions is fully expressed
here as an option?

What about the option that, (following the DC, DCAT, DCAT-AP pattern):

SOSA provides text definitions
SOSA-OWL (provides OWL axioms matching _exactly_ the definitions in SOSA)
SSN is an "application profile" that provides further constraints to
SOSA-OWL - such as cardinality, equivalent names more specific to sensors
that matches the existing SSN usage.

I dont that this is not quite the same as option 3 or 4, at least in
interpretation, in that semantics are always consistent, its only a
question of whether an instance conforms to SOSA or SOSA and SSN. AFAICT
SImon's investigation suggests this is possible and I beleive its
consistent with Kerry's

We could, IMHO, use content-negotiation to get SOSA-OWL from the SOSA
namspace IRI if the user asks for OWL - but use the lightweight SOSA
definitions if the client does not claim to understand OWL.

Rob