Re: Architecture of SOSA/SSN integration

Thanks a lot Armin for providing this detailed summary!

Personally, I would be concerned about 3 and 4. 3 for formal reasons as
described during the meeting (e.g., it will not be clear what the
assertion sosa:Platform(platform1) actually refers to) and 4 because we
are making things unnecessarily complicated and this will effect the end
users particularly Web developers, citizen science use cases, 'naive'
users, etc. of SOSA. 4 will also not really fix the issue of potentially
incompatible semantics between SOSA and SSN and we will be asked about
their alignment.

> ·SOSA and SSN may use different ontology namespaces

I think this would be really important as well especially as it will
avoid confusion among many of our more 'naive' users and it will make
immediately clear which classes are used.

> everyone expect Kerry agreed on that one, although there is her
> proposal on the wiki stating the same

I think this is important to highlight, namely that we all votes +1 on
both proposals and Kerry voted "[13:58] <kerry> I voted -1 every time".
This makes me question the term 'compromise' in Kerry's proposal and it
leaves me deeply worried.

Thanks again.
I am looking forward to jointly resolving these issues and moving forward.
Jano

Email: jano@geog.ucsb.edu