Re: SDW Next Plenary Meeting - 5th April 20:00 GMT (BP doc restructuring)

Jeremy, Linda,

I have devised a proposal for the doc restructuring here [1] which is based
on the "guiding principles" developed by one of my colleagues at ABS
(Martin Brady) and his peers from other statistical agencies working on
geospatial and statistical data infrastructure convergence (UN-GGIM GSGF
initiative [2]).

BTW, Martin is one of the co-organisers of the joint UNECE/UN-GGIM: Europe
Workshop on Integrating Geospatial and Statistical Standards [3],
Stockholm, 6-8 November 2017, and is hopeful to have someone representing
the W3C/OGC SDW working group at the workshop, for the session on future
work relevant to geospatial and statistical standards (abstracts are due
near the end of April).

The GSGF guiding principles are:
      Principle 1: Use of fundamental geospatial infrastructure and
      geocoding;
      Principle 2: Geocoded unit record data in a data management
      environment;
      Principle 3: Common geographies for dissemination of statistics;
      Principle 4: Interoperable data and metadata standards; and
      Principle 5: Accessible and usable geospatially enabled statistics

I have derived five sub-groups of BPs from these principles for my
restructuring proposal :
   geometry,
   identifiers,
   linking geo & non-geo data,
   publication,
   consumption

I also added some tentative mappings to the previously published Data on
the Web BPs and to the associated benefits categories in [1] and put some
extra comments on specific topics of interest for my colleagues at ABS.

Hope this helps.

Laurent Lefort
Assistant Director
Emerging Data and Methods  |  Methodology Transformation Branch  |
Methodology Division  | Australian Bureau of Statistics
(P) +61 2 6252 5652 (M) +61 409 129 739
(E) laurent.lefort@abs.gov.au (W) www.abs.gov.au

[1] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_2017_reordering_proposal

[2] See Martin's presentation on the objectives of the UN-GGIM GSGF
initiative presented at EFGS 2016:  Progress on the Global Statistical
Geospatial Framework :
http://www.efgs.info/wp-content/uploads/conferences/efgs/2016/Session-1-Martin-Brady.pdf

[3] http://www1.unece.org/stat/platform/display/Geo17/Workshop+on
+Integrating+Geospatial+and+Statistical+Standards+2017 (see the information
notice for details)

From:	Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>
To:	Byron Cochrane <bcochrane@linz.govt.nz>, Ed Parsons
            <eparsons@google.com>, SDW WG Public List
            <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>, "sdwwg@lists.opengeospatial.org"
            <SDWWG@lists.opengeospatial.org>,
Date:	05/04/2017 04:56 PM
Subject:	Re: SDW Next Plenary Meeting - 5th April 20:00 GMT

Hi. Regrets from me too- no good excuses, just domestic life getting in the
way.

BTW, regarding agenda item "updates from the work groups": from a BP
perspective,
1/ everyone knows what they need to do in the detailed plan [1]
2/ Linda in coordinating proposals for the doc restructuring here [2]
3/ We are meeting this afternoon to try and close out many of our remaining
issues - from GitHub and the Public Comments list; agenda and dial-in
details here [3]
4/ There's a lot going on this sprint; but we're confident of reaching a
"ready to vote" state by 26-April.

Jeremy

[1]:
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Detailed_planning_BP_document#Mid_March_-_end_of_April_2017