From: Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Sent: Wednesday, 5 April 2017 7:00 PM
To: Cox, Simon (L&W, Clayton); public-sdw-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: OWL-Time - deprecate DateTimeInterval ?

Dear Simon,

> I have only tracked down one evidence of use, in the linked-events
> ontology, so have reached out to the original creator of that to see if
> marking DateTimeInterval 'deprecated' would break anything significant.

By the linked-events ontology, do you mean the LODE ontology,
http://linkedevents.org/ ? If so, then it is me and I have not been
reached out :-)

We indeed do use the time:DateTimeInterval type as the range of the
lode:circa property for which the definition read:

"[The value of this property is] an interval of time that can be
precisely described using calendar dates and clock times.
This property relates a span of time that cannot be precisely located in
a chronological series to another span of time that can be precisely
located, thus asserting that the latter is an approximation of the former.
An temporal relation expressing nearness in time."

   Raphaël

--
Raphaël Troncy
EURECOM, Campus SophiaTech