Re: ACTION 298 - Wiki page Terms

On 04/03/2017 08:49 PM, Armin Haller wrote:

> Thanks Maxime!
>
> I think the open term list on this page lines up very well with our
> open issues list wiki at: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Open_Issues
>
> The only terms that are left to be discussed (and are not undergoing
> review at the moment) in my opinion are:
>
> -The need of an analog of ssn:Sensing for actuators

Not sure whether I get this. We do not need SSN:Sensing anymore, right?
It was required in the old-SSN because Observation in SSN was not an
event but a Situation/Context. The 'act of sensing' as we called it in
the original SSN is what is now called Observation in SOSA/new-SSN,
namely the action that results in the estimation, or calculation, of the
value of a phenomenon; see also Simon's clarification:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2016Aug/0144.html .

Jano

Email: jano@geog.ucsb.edu