Re: Content negotiation of spatial linked data

From: Maxime Lefrançois <maxime.lefrancois.86@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 20:32:10 +0000
To: "Svensson, Lars" <L.Svensson@dnb.de>, Joshua Lieberman <jlieberman@tumblingwalls.com>, Andrea Perego <andrea.perego@jrc.ec.europa.eu>
Cc: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>, Andreas Harth <harth@kit.edu>
Dear all,

my two cents:

> > Particular
> > serializations of both the feature and geometry data can be negotiated
> either way, I
> > think. If one request a feature with contentType application/rdf+xml;
> > geomdata=“WKTLiteral”, then the geometry if requested / returned should
> include an
> > asWKT.
>
> While I agree that this would be very handy indeed, I don't think http
> allows that kind of syntax in the Accept-header, at least not for all media
> types and certainly not for application/rdf+xml

using

Accept: application/rdf+xml;geomdata="WKTLiteral"

Would be perfectly ok as per RFC 2045 and updated by RFC 2184.
But parameter geomdata is neither defined as a required, nor as an optional
parameter in media type application/rdf+xml.
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/rdf+xml

What could be possible on the other hand, would be to define a new media
type such as application/geomdata+rdf+xml for instance (not sure if the use
of two '+' would be allowed, I can ask.
and to register it following https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/0430-mime

Kind regards,
Maxime