Re: QB4ST example

Thanks, Rob

I quite like this ontology. I think we should incorporate into our
(ANU-LED) example, and merge it into the note. It does a good job of
factoring out the abstract "coverage" bits of a datacube description of a
coverage.

You mentioned earlier that you were planning to add time dimensions also;
that would be good.

It's also missing something that you mentioned during one of the meetings,
and that I think would be valuable - some way to specify the domain and
maybe the range of a coverage. This could be as simple as a :maxValue and
:minValue property for the qb4st:CoordDimension. Although if dimensions
specifications are supposed to be reusable, they may need to go somewhere
else.

Other than that, I think it has, if anything, too much stuff. I don't
think SpatialDimensionComponentSpecification
and SpatialMeasureComponentSpecification are necessary, and I don't
think AnyNumber
is either - I think it might be better to leave the ranges unspecified.
Likewise, I'm not sure that CoordDimension adds any real value on top of
SpatialDimension. Latitude and longitude properties I'm unsure about -
those are probably common enough to justify having them in a general
ontology like this? But the x,y,z properties are questionable - the very
definition of x,y,z is very malleable and depends on the CRS, so I'm not
sure there's any benefit from defining them; we would expect users to
define those dimensions themselves with reference to whatever CRS they are
using.

Lastly, I'm not too comfortable with stating things about geo: terms; I
would prefer instead that the user define something like:

led:lat a qb:MeasureProperty ;
    rdfs:subPropertyOf geo:lat, qb4st:latMeasure .

or, even better, to use a definition from so: once those exist.

I'll start reworking our example to use QB4ST.

Regards,
Dmitry.