W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > March 2016

[Minutes] 2016-03-30

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 22:06:35 +0100
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <56FC3FDB.7000101@w3.org>
As ever, the minutes of today's meeting are at 
https://www.w3.org/2016/03/30-sdw-minutes

Thanks to Claus for scribing.

Text version below.


           Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference

30 Mar 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/30-sdw-irc

Attendees

    Present
           kerry, ScottSimmons, eparsons, ahaller2, phila, robin,
           ClausStadler, RaulGarciaCastro, DanhLePhuoc,
           billroberts, MattPerry, frans, Linda, AndreaPerego

    Regrets
           lewis, rachel, lars

    Chair
           kerry

    Scribe
           ClausStadler

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]prelininaries
          2. [5]patent call
             https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call
          3. [6]W3C TPAC and F2F in Lisbo
          4. [7]SSN: ontology modules on w3c namespace to
             experiment with modularisation proposal
          5. [8]contributing to FPWD:
             How_to_work_with_GitHub_for_ssn
          6. [9]Outstanding actions review
             https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/open
          7. [10]meeting times
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      * [12]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <phila> scribe: ClausStadler

    <phila> scribeNick: ClausStadler

preliminaries

    <kerry> [13]https://www.w3.org/2016/03/16-sdw-minutes.html

      [13] https://www.w3.org/2016/03/16-sdw-minutes.html

    <phila> PROPOSED: Accept last week's minutes

    <eparsons> +1

    <kerry> proposed: approve minutes
    [14]https://www.w3.org/2016/03/16-sdw-minutes.html

      [14] https://www.w3.org/2016/03/16-sdw-minutes.html

    <kerry> +1

    <ahaller2> +1

    +1

    <phila> +0 (absent)

    <frans> +1

    <billrobe_> +1

    <MattPerry> +1

    <DanhLePhuoc> +1

    <robin> +1

    resolved

    resolved approve minutes

    RESOLUTION: approve minutes

patent call [15]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

      [15] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

W3C TPAC and F2F in Lisbon

    <frans> TPAC: Technical Plenary / Advisory Committee

    <billrobe_> 'the week' = week beginning 19 September

    <AndreaPerego> EUR 90

    <AndreaPerego> or $ 90?

    Phil: TPAC is the annual version of the TC - 400-500
    participants, Monday 19th September, Tuesday 20th meeting,
    working groups meet, sessions are 2 days long. Presentations in
    the morning, break out sessions; Thursday, Friday other groups
    meetings. Its the same week as TC100 in Florida. Attending TPAC
    will cost a daily fee: 90 Eur/day.

    <kerry>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings#TPAC_2015.2C_
    Lisbon

      [16] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings#TPAC_2015.2C_Lisbon

    phila: Remote attendance will be possible. HTML, CSS, Security
    communities will be there, so all the stuff W3C does.

    kerry: Indicate intention to come at the wiki page

SSN: ontology modules on w3c namespace to experiment with
modularisation proposal

    phila: expelled jemma from meeting

    <billrobe_> phila used to work as a bouncer

    frans: How much sense to stick around on Wednesday?

    phila: You could propose and run sessions on "Why geospatial is
    hard"? Most web devs have no idea what a coordinate ref system
    is and this would be explained that day.

    <ahaller2> [17]https://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/

      [17] https://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/

    <ahaller2> [18]https://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/dul/Overview.owl

      [18] https://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/dul/Overview.owl

    ahaller2: SSN ontology split into two modules. URL of the
    ontology changed and and was put on the Web server. Extension
    with the Dolce extension. Not fully set up yet. Slash URIs
    instead of Hash URIs. There could be further modules after
    "...ssn/". Not yet clear how many modules there will eventually
    be.

    <ahaller2> [19]https://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/dul/

      [19] https://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/dul/

    <phila> htaccess file for /ssn/

    <phila> RewriteEngine On

    <phila> RewriteBase /ns/ssn/

    <phila> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ns/ssn/dul/.*

    <phila> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ns/ssn/Overview.*

    <phila> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /ns/ssn/Overview$1 [P]

    <eparsons> phila: slaps down kerry

    <frans> Cool URIs do not change:
    [20]https://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html

      [20] https://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html

    <phila> [21]20 Years of lists

      [21] http://philarcher.org/diary/2011/20yearsofmlarchives/

    phila: The mailing list archive is older than the organisation
    and has never moved since 1991 ;)

contributing to FPWD: How_to_work_with_GitHub_for_ssn

    <kerry>
    [22]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/How_to_work_with_GitHu
    b_for_ssn

      [22] 
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/How_to_work_with_GitHub_for_ssn

    <kerry> [23]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/

      [23] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/

    <ScottSimmons> Scott will get the document number

    kerry: FPWD should contain part of the modularization plus
    future plans as in the link above.

    <billrobe_> sorry, haven't had time to read yet

    kerry: there was no disagreement in the suggested outline

Outstanding actions review
[24]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/open

      [24] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/open

    <billrobe_> yep

    kerry: Asks DanhLePhuoc for support on issue #58 as he is part
    of the IoT interest group, DanhLePhuoc agrees

    <phila> action-58?

    <trackbot> action-58 -- Kerry Taylor to Keep in contact with
    wot re actuation -- due 2015-07-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/58

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/58

    action-78?

    <trackbot> action-78 -- Jon Blower to Provide text around value
    add of following the bps -- due 2015-09-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/78

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/78

    <phila> It was due back in September 2015

    <phila> 'Overtaken by events'

    <kerry> close action-78 'Overtaken by events'

    eparsons: The action is so old it can probably be closed.

    <phila> close action-78

    <trackbot> Closed action-78.

    action-85?

    <trackbot> action-85 -- Bart van Leeuwen to Write up a bp
    around properties in wfs to link a feature to its linked data
    version -- due 2015-11-03 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/85

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/85

    frans: Its work in progress. Will send a reminder to Bart van
    Leeuwen.

    action-92?

    <trackbot> action-92 -- Alejandro Llaves to add link to data
    sample in use case "Publication of air quality data
    aggregations" -- due 2015-11-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/92

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/92

    frans: Not heard of Alejandro Llaves so far. Will ask him to
    resolve the action.

    kerry: Membership status of Alejandro is unclear because of a
    new employer.

    action-94?

    <trackbot> action-94 -- Bart van Leeuwen to Write about make
    the links within the dataset discoverable -- due 2015-11-18 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/94

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/94

    <kerry> close: action-94

    <phila> close action-94

    <trackbot> Closed action-94.

    action-96?

    <trackbot> action-96 -- Bill Roberts to Making your spatial
    data more useful by including links to wellknown spatial
    resources -- due 2015-11-18 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/96

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/96

    <billrobe_>
    [31]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2015Nov/
    0080.html

      [31] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2015Nov/0080.html

    <kerry> close: action-96

    <kerry> close action-96

    <trackbot> Closed action-96.

    billrobe_: The suggestions made in the linked mail were taken
    into account in the BP draft.

    <phila> [32]DWBP on Bulk access

      [32] http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#BulkAccess

    action-97?

    <trackbot> action-97 -- Phil Archer to Work on subsetting links
    -- due 2015-11-18 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/97

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/97

    <kerry> close action-97

    <trackbot> Closed action-97.

    <kerry> close action-98

    <trackbot> Closed action-98.

    phila: BP20 is about bulk access, BP21 is about providing
    subsets for large datasets. Expected to be finalized in
    Friday's meeting.

    <kerry> close action-100

    <trackbot> Closed action-100.

meeting times

    <billrobe_>
    [34]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2016Mar/
    0085.html

      [34] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2016Mar/0085.html

    <phila> So AIUI we have:

    <phila> SSN: UTC 2100 Tuesdays

    <phila> COV: UTC 1300 Wednesdays

    <phila> BP: UTC 1400 Wednesdays

    <eparsons> +1

    <kerry> +1

    <billrobe_> +1

    <MattPerry> +1

    <Linda> +1

    +1

    <AndreaPerego> +1

    RESOLUTION: meeting times as posted by phila above

    <phila> UTC, the time zone no one actually uses (except 300K
    Icelanders)

    phila: Reminds chairs to copy the appropriate instructions (of
    the previous session) when setting up the agenda.

    <kerry> this meeting: his meeting will change to the regular
    position of UTC 1300 Wednesdays
    [35]http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=SD
    WWG+Call&iso=20160413T13&ah=1 from next meeting in 2 weeks.

      [35] 
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=SDWWG+Call&iso=20160413T13&ah=1

    <robin> Yes. I am listening

    <AndreaPerego> Thanks, and bye!

    <billrobe_> ok, thanks bye all

    <eparsons> thx ClausStadler

    <RaulGarciaCastro> Bye

    <eparsons> thx kerry

    <Linda> bye

    <frans> Thanks, bye

    <eparsons> bye

    <robin> Thanks, bye

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [36]approve minutes
     2. [37]meeting times as posted by phila above

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________
Received on Wednesday, 30 March 2016 21:06:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 2 September 2016 12:03:13 UTC