W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > March 2016

RE: [Minutes-SSN] 2016-03-08

From: <Simon.Cox@csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 00:53:16 +0000
To: <phila@w3.org>, <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <ef421df8e6da458ab1cdddfaeac5808e@exch1-mel.nexus.csiro.au>
I registered my regrets several days prior. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Archer [mailto:phila@w3.org] 
Sent: Thursday, 10 March 2016 3:05 AM
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: [Minutes-SSN] 2016-03-08

The minutes of the first SSN sub group call are at https://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-sdwssn-minutes


With a text snapshot below...


                            SDW SSN Sub Group

08 Mar 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-sdwssn-irc


Attendees

    Present
           Kerry, RaulGarciaCastro, DanhLePhuoc, ahaller2

    Regrets
           Oscar, Scott

    Chair
           kerry

    Scribe
           DanhLePhuoc, RaulGarciaCastro

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Patent call
          2. [5]Welcome to SSN-subgroup meetings
          3. [6]FPWD
          4. [7]Webprotege
          5. [8]Editor’s draft
          6. [9]Modularization
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <kerry> trackbot, start meeting

    <trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this
    channel.

    <kerry> trackbot, this will be sdw

    <trackbot> Sorry, kerry, I don't understand 'trackbot, this
    will be sdw'. Please refer to
    <[12]http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc


    <kerry> scribe: DanhLePhuoc

    <kerry> scribeNick: RaulGarciaCastro

    <kerry> scribe: RaulGarciaCastro

Patent call

    <kerry> [13]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call


      [13] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call


Welcome to SSN-subgroup meetings

    kerry: Not many people around

FPWD

    kerry: We need to publish the FPWD soon
    ... … end of March, 1st week April
    ... … that is our first big goal
    ... … we could publish SSN as it is now
    ... … being ambitious, also modularization would be good
    ... … it is important that the W3C staff sees some progress

    RaulGarciaCastro: It would be nice to also include in the FPWD
    what we plan to deliver by the end of our work

    <kerry> +1

    <DanhLePhuoc> +1

    +1

    kerry: We can talk about this next meeting (with more people)
    ... … with the other editors

Webprotege

    [14]http://webprotege.stanford.edu/#Edit:projectId=dc983c6a-c14

    4-4d5a-a2a2-1f8d25d1ad54

      [14]
http://webprotege.stanford.edu/#Edit:projectId=dc983c6a-c144-4d5a-a2a2-1f8d25d1ad54


    kerry: People should have rights to edit the ontology

    DanhLePhuoc: Not everyone needs to have editing permissions to
    comment

    RaulGarciaCastro: If we modularise the ontology at the end we
    will have different projects

    kerry: Yes, I think it was that way

    DanhLePhuoc: Right now there are two projects, not sure how to
    link them

    kerry: Where are the axioms in Webprotege?

    <DanhLePhuoc>
    [15]http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeUsersGuide


      [15] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeUsersGuide


    DanhLePhuoc: In the OWLEntityDescriptionBrowser tab

    <DanhLePhuoc>
    [16]http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeUsersGuide#T

    he_OWL_Entity_Description_Editor

      [16]
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeUsersGuide#The_OWL_Entity_Description_Editor


    DanhLePhuoc: … and Editor

    <kerry> please look at user guid and have a go

    <ahaller2> apologies for being late, what is the webex link?

    <kerry> Armin, can pls give raul permission to edit on
    webprotege!

    <kerry>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:SSN-Telecon20

    160308

      [17] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:SSN-Telecon20160308


    [18]https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m7fa998124d164729c095b

    8c83a45f52d

      [18]
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m7fa998124d164729c095b8c83a45f52d


    <ahaller2> yes, what is his username?

    <kerry> armin, the webex link on that page works

    sdwssn

    rgcmme

    that’s my user name in Webprotege

Editor’s draft

    <kerry> [19]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/


      [19] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/


    kerry: ahaller2 already has editing permissions in github

Modularization

    ahaller2: We have agreed to remove dolce
    ... … do we need further modules?

    <kerry> agree -- no precedent for this

    ahaller2: … will splitting the ontology make it more usable?

    <kerry> also agree -- it is no that much

    kerry: multiple namespaces is annoying and you have to
    constantly look for things you need in other places

    RaulGarciaCastro: we could analyse the use cases and see what
    extent of the ontology is expected to be used

    ahaller2: All modules, even if they have different namespaces,
    could be in the same file

    DanhLePhuoc: it’s not necessary to split everything but we can
    have different profiles

    kerry: some use cases deal with observations, others with
    platforms…
    ... … we could do some profiling
    ... … we can put the current modules in the W3C namespace

    RaulGarciaCastro: Once we define some URIs, people will start
    using them

    ahaller2: I’m concerned of publishing something not finished

    +1

    <DanhLePhuoc> +1

    RaulGarciaCastro: Putting the modules proposal in the FPWD
    would make no harm
    ... … and if everyone agrees we publish it
    ... … and if there are concerns we wait

    kerry: not just the modules, the complete modules
    ... the ontologies themselves

    DanhLePhuoc: Like in software, people could use profiles and
    look for the origin of the different ontology components

    I’m not sure I got well this last part

    kerry: People could simply use the vocabulary terms of the
    ontology, but it would be nice if reasoning can also be used
    ... dereferencing the ontology terms should lead to the
    ontology
    ... … we can test this with the current splitted version of the
    ontology
    ... … and implementing content negotiation

    ahaller2: It would be nice to have it to play
    ... … multiple modules will also lead people to use incorrect
    namespaces

    kerry: We can do that and then discuss up to what extent
    modularize

    <kerry> ACTION: ahaller2 to get the 2 ontology modules on w3c
    namespace with phila, to experimentation [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01]

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this
    channel.

    kerry: if anyone wants to chair these meetings, just tell
    ... … will be happy if people gives suggestions on topics for
    the meeting

    Bye

    <kerry> rrsagent. draft minutes

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: ahaller2 to get the 2 ontology modules on w3c
    namespace with phila, to experimentation [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01]

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01


Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________

Received on Thursday, 10 March 2016 00:54:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:20 UTC