From: Krzysztof Janowicz <janowicz@ucsb.edu<mailto:janowicz@ucsb.edu>>
Date: Tuesday 5 July 2016 02:17
To: Armin Haller <armin.haller@anu.edu.au<mailto:armin.haller@anu.edu.au>>, SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-sdw-wg@w3.org>>
Cc: Kerry Taylor <kerry.taylor@anu.edu.au<mailto:kerry.taylor@anu.edu.au>>, "danh.lephuoc@deri.org<mailto:danh.lephuoc@deri.org>" <danh.lephuoc@deri.org<mailto:danh.lephuoc@deri.org>>
Subject: Re: Proposal for SSN core

Thanks Armin,

I am very happy to see that this is moving forward and that we seem to converge. That said, all of this is happening during the summer and the holidays (here in the US) so I will need some time to catch up. Of course, I am still very, very interested in the core pattern and the SSN work as such.

Two notes before I dive into the details:

I added Actuators and called the core subsequently "Sensor and Actuator Core Ontology" aka "Sanda".

Can we somehow add observations back to the name?

<http://webprotege.stanford.edu/#Edit:projectId=32a4ea9e-4d06-4f92-8188-07fcd96f81a7>http://webprotege.stanford.edu/#Edit:projectId=32a4ea9e-4d06-4f92-8188-07fcd96f81a7

Maybe I am just getting too old, but IMHO doing this via shared github documents, the wiki, and email will allow more people to get involved and make their change(s) (requests). Protoege is a nice way for getting the ontology out there and for evolving a more or less stable version. For this early phase it is rather hindering.

Best,
Jano