RE: UCR ISSUE-29: add a requirement for linking CRS to geometry?

Minor quibble: should it be the other way round? – i.e. there should be a way of linking a vector geometry to the CRS used for positions in the geometry.
(There will be a lot more geometries than CRSs).

From: Frans Knibbe [mailto:frans.knibbe@geodan.nl]
Sent: Monday, 26 October 2015 9:19 PM
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: UCR ISSUE-29: add a requirement for linking CRS to geometry?

Hello,

When I went through the unresolved UCR issues I noticed that ISSUE-29<http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/29> did not have its dedicated e-mail thread yet. With this message that situation has changed! So let's discuss...

The initial proposal was to add a new requirement for the BP deliverable: "There should be a recommended way of linking a CRS to a vector geometry".

Does the proposal make sense? Is it clear enough? Please share your thoughts and we should be able to make a decision soon.

Regards,
Frans