W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > May 2015

[Minutes] 2015-05-15

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 15:06:58 +0100
Message-ID: <55535A82.8050504@w3.org>
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
The minutes of today's call are at http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes

Thanks Jeremy for scribing. We talked about finishing off the first 
draft of the UCR with lots of actions on people to review their use cases.

A text version of the minutes is pasted below.

           Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference

13 May 2015

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-irc

Attendees

    Present
           eparsons, LarsG, PhilippeThiran, Alejandro_Llaves,
           Phila, jtandy, kerry, billroberts, aharth, Linda,
           ChrisLittle, Frans, JoshLieberman, AndreaPerego

    Regrets
           Rachel, Antoine, chaals, Clemens_Portele, Cory_Henson,
           Stefan_Lemme, Simon_Cox

    Chair
           eparsons

    Scribe
           jtandy, Jeremy Tandy

Contents

      * [3]Topics
      * [4]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 13 May 2015

    <phila> [5]http://www.w3.org/2015/03/inspire/

       [5] http://www.w3.org/2015/03/inspire/

    <billroberts> got it now, thanks

    <Alejandro_Llaves> I just joined the webex

    <scribe> scribe: jtandy

    <scribe> scribe: Jeremy Tandy

    <phila> For those who are in mourning for zakim...
    [6]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/zakim.mp3

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/zakim.mp3

    <scribe> scribenick: jtandy

    <Frans> +Frans

    <eparsons> [7]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/06-sdw-minutes

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/06-sdw-minutes

    eparsons: requests approval of last weeks minutes ...

    <eparsons> +1

    <phila> (I was absent)

    +1

    <LarsG> +1

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +1

    <Frans> +1

    <kerry> PROPOSED: accept last weeks minutes, kerry

    RESOLUTION: accept last weeks minutes

    eparsons: asks if there's anyone new on the call

    [no response]

    eparsons: does the weekly OGC patents call ...
    ... main effort this week is looking at the completion of the
    use cases for the second group
    ... SSN, Time, Coverage

    kerry: we're going to work through the use cases using the
    requirements doc in it's current state

    <Alejandro_Llaves> Latest version updated today:
    [8]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements
    .html

       [8] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html

    kerry: starting with #31

    <Frans>
    [9]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements
    .html#SelectHierarchicalGeographicalRegionsForUseInDataAnalysis
    OrVisualisation

       [9] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#SelectHierarchicalGeographicalRegionsForUseInDataAnalysisOrVisualisation

    <phila> [10]UC 31

      [10] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#SelectHierarchicalGeographicalRegionsForUseInDataAnalysisOrVisualisation

    Frans: [agrees with kerry] we will put issues into the tracker
    based on today's discussion
    ... why do we start with #31?

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +q on completing use cases

    kerry: we've not covered these as a group - I think
    Alejandro_Llaves has done it independently

    <Zakim> Alejandro_Llaves, you wanted to comment on completing
    use cases

    [it = put the requirements into the spreadsheet!]

    Alejandro_Llaves: yes - this was me. we called for contribution
    from the people who put the use cases in

    <phila> [11]The spreadsheet

      [11] 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PSnpJYQDgsdgZgPJEfUU0EhVfgFFYGc1WL4xUX9Dunk/edit#gid=0

    Alejandro_Llaves: and for those that did not response I made a
    best guess

    <Frans> I should note that numbering of use cases is different
    in spreadsheet and UCR document. The IDs should be stable.

    kerry: we have discussed things at 2 other meetings since the
    F2F

    Alejandro_Llaves: I would say that going through the use cases
    one by one as a group will be very time consuming
    ... that's why we asked for contribution

    <phila>
    [12]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#LocatingAThing

      [12] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#LocatingAThing

    phila: looking through the UC doc, there are some that don't
    have any requirements (see example)
    ... are there some use cases that don't have requirements or is
    it that this is still a work in progress

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +q on completeness of UCR document in SSN
    and Time

    Frans: [work in progress] it makes sense to get a reasonably
    good list of requirements _before_ we try to put in the links
    to use cases

    <Zakim> Alejandro_Llaves, you wanted to comment on completeness
    of UCR document in SSN and Time

    phila: do we need all 47 use caes?
    ... if there are some that don't really relate to requirements?

    Alejandro_Llaves: I finished today to complete the use cases
    for the time ontology deliverable
    ... coverage has not been done yet
    ... there are still some [use cases] where things are not
    really clear yet

    billrobe_: there is a chance that some requirements are not
    captured - nor the links between reqs and UC

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +q

    billrobe_: happy to do this [offline] - what's the easiest way
    to provide this input?

    Frans: it's up to me to provide the connections between UC and
    reqs -
    ... but noticed that the reqs weren't stable yet
    ... some UC are isolated because I haven't got around to them
    yet
    ... all 47 UC are probably relevant

    <eparsons> +1 to all 47

    <billrobe_> so just email questions/comments/suggestions to the
    list? or do a Github pull request?

    Frans: responding to @billrobe_ the key thing is to check that
    the requirement is clear

    Alejandro_Llaves: adds that the best way to contribute is by
    editing the spreadsheet
    ... then we can add the content of the comment into the [doc]

    <billrobe_> ok thanks Alejandro

    <phila> jtandy: When we're looking at the reqs, do we want to
    check that they are testable?

    Alejandro_Llaves: if it is not clear then we will raise an
    issue of the tracker

    Frans: being testable is not an explicit "requirement for
    requirement"

    <Zakim> kerry, you wanted to talk on testable requrements

    jtandy: we should be thinking about _if_ we can build a test
    for the requirement
    ... else if might be a principle

    Frans: I've added the testability into the glossary

    kerry: we have both functional and non-functional requirements
    - the latter don't have to be testable
    ... so not all reqs need to be tested

    eparsons: let's get back to the agenda?

    kerry: do we need to go through the use cases in plenary?
    ... perhaps just to look at only those use cases that don't
    have reqs yet
    ... @billrobe_ - do you want to review UC 31 here & now or do
    that offline

    billrobe_: prefer to do this offline & report back

    kerry: we're apply @billrobe_'s response to everyone
    ... this applies to EVERYONE

    <Zakim> phila, you wanted to suggest action items?

    <Frans> Is 31 the spreadsheet number or or the UCR number?

    <phila> ACTION: Bill Roberts to check that the requirements
    have been captured from
    [13]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#SelectHierarchicalGeographicalRegionsForUseInDataAnalysi
    sOrVisualisation [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

      [13] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#SelectHierarchicalGeographicalRegionsForUseInDataAnalysisOrVisualisation
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-27 - Roberts to check that the
    requirements have been captured from
    [15]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#selecthierarchicalgeographicalregionsforuseindataanalysi
    sorvisualisation [on Bill Roberts - due 2015-05-20].

      [15] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#selecthierarchicalgeographicalregionsforuseindataanalysisorvisualisation

    kerry: if you've proposed a use case then you are now
    [required] to do the review of the requirements

    billrobe_: it's time now to go back through the use cases and
    requirements and build the x-refs

    kerry: there's more meat on the bones of the requirements - so
    they'll be easier to work with
    ... the spreadsheet is most up to date for coverage
    requirements
    ... primarily we're looking at defining _new_ requirements

    phila: I've created an action for billroberts
    ... do you want me to do the same for all the others?

    kerry: what about those people not in the group?

    <JoshLieberman> UC 31 - might want to consider that what's
    being described is largely a discrete coverage, so the coverage
    deliverable might be involved.

    phila: action item on me to write to Erwin - I think he's the
    only one

    [phila makes a joke]

    [tumbleweed]

    <phila> ACTION: kerry to review
    [16]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#SatelliteDataProcessing in terms of requirements
    [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action02]

      [16] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#SatelliteDataProcessing
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-28 - Review
    [18]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#satellitedataprocessing in terms of requirements [on
    Kerry Taylor - due 2015-05-20].

      [18] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#satellitedataprocessing

    JoshLieberman: UC ?? describes a discrete coverage - features
    that cover that geographical domain.

    <phila> ACTION: simon to review
    [19]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#MarineObservationsEMII in terms of requirements
    [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action03]

      [19] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#MarineObservationsEMII
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-29 - Review
    [21]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#marineobservationsemii in terms of requirements [on
    Simon Cox - due 2015-05-20].

      [21] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#marineobservationsemii

    JoshLieberman: therefore discrete coverages become a key
    requirement for UC 31

    <phila> ACTION: Simon to review
    [22]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#MarineObservationsDataProviders in terms of requirements
    [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action04]

      [22] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#MarineObservationsDataProviders
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-30 - Review
    [24]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#marineobservationsdataproviders in terms of requirements
    [on Simon Cox - due 2015-05-20].

      [24] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#marineobservationsdataproviders

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +q on sub-requirements

    <Zakim> Alejandro_Llaves, you wanted to comment on
    sub-requirements

    <phila> ACTION: Simon to review
    [25]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#MarineObservationsDataConsumers in terms of requirements
    [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action05]

      [25] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#MarineObservationsDataConsumers
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-31 - Review
    [27]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#marineobservationsdataconsumers in terms of requirements
    [on Simon Cox - due 2015-05-20].

      [27] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#marineobservationsdataconsumers

    eparsons: so let's close that out at the moment and follow up
    next week to make sure everyone has done their actions!

    Alejandro_Llaves: how do we deal with sub requirements?

    <phila> ACTION: Linda to review
    [28]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#BuildingInformationManagementAndDataSharing, which came
    from Henk Schaap - Gobar, in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action06]

      [28] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#BuildingInformationManagementAndDataSharing,
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-32 - Review
    [30]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#buildinginformationmanagementanddatasharing, which came
    from henk schaap - gobar, in terms of requirements [on Linda
    van den Brink - due 2015-05-20].

      [30] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#buildinginformationmanagementanddatasharing,

    Alejandro_Llaves: for example, coverage reqs spreadsheet
    indicates [an example of] a sub requirement

    <phila> ACTION: kerry to review
    [31]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#LandsatDataServices, which came from Aaron Sedgmen of
    Geoscience Australia, in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action07]

      [31] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#LandsatDataServices,
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action07]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-33 - Review
    [33]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#landsatdataservices, which came from aaron sedgmen of
    geoscience australia, in terms of requirements [on Kerry Taylor
    - due 2015-05-20].

      [33] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#landsatdataservices,

    Alejandro_Llaves: should we treat as a sub requirement or
    individual requirements?

    eparsons: what was the rationale for making a sub requirement?

    <phila> ACTION: kerry to review
    [34]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#MetadataAndSearchGranularity, which came from Aaron
    Sedgmen of Geoscience Australia, in terms of requirements
    [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action08]

      [34] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#MetadataAndSearchGranularity,
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action08]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-34 - Review
    [36]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#metadataandsearchgranularity, which came from aaron
    sedgmen of geoscience australia, in terms of requirements [on
    Kerry Taylor - due 2015-05-20].

      [36] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#metadataandsearchgranularity,

    Alejandro_Llaves: the content of the requirement comes from
    both coverage and time deliverables

    <Zakim> kerry, you wanted to speak on subrequirements

    <phila> ACTION: kerry to review
    [37]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#CrowdSourcedEarthquakeObservationInformation, which came
    from Aaron Sedgmen of Geoscience Australia, in terms of
    requirements [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action09]

      [37] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#CrowdSourcedEarthquakeObservationInformation,
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action09]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-35 - Review
    [39]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#crowdsourcedearthquakeobservationinformation, which came
    from aaron sedgmen of geoscience australia, in terms of
    requirements [on Kerry Taylor - due 2015-05-20].

      [39] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#crowdsourcedearthquakeobservationinformation,

    <phila> ACTION: erich to review
    [40]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#TCGAMicroscopyImaging in terms of requirements [recorded
    in [41]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action10]

      [40] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#TCGAMicroscopyImaging
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action10]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-36 - Review
    [42]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#tcgamicroscopyimaging in terms of requirements [on Erich
    Bremer - due 2015-05-20].

      [42] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#tcgamicroscopyimaging

    <AndreaPerego> ACTION: AndreaPerego to review
    [43]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#GeospatialExtensionsToDomainIndependentMetadataSchemas
    in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action11]

      [43] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#GeospatialExtensionsToDomainIndependentMetadataSchemas
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action11]

    kerry: suggests that you wrap it into one requirement - but
    make it explicit that this covers spatial and time

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-37 - Review
    [45]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#geospatialextensionstodomainindependentmetadataschemas
    in terms of requirements [on Andrea Perego - due 2015-05-20].

      [45] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#geospatialextensionstodomainindependentmetadataschemas

    <phila> ACTION: kerry to review
    [46]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#CropYieldEstimationUsingMultipleSatellites, which came
    from Zheng-Shu Zhou, in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [47]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action12]

      [46] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#CropYieldEstimationUsingMultipleSatellites,
      [47] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action12]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-38 - Review
    [48]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#cropyieldestimationusingmultiplesatellites, which came
    from zheng-shu zhou, in terms of requirements [on Kerry Taylor
    - due 2015-05-20].

      [48] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#cropyieldestimationusingmultiplesatellites,

    kerry: have one requirement- the more general one

    <AndreaPerego> ACTION: AndreaPerego to review
    [49]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#ImprovingDiscoveryOfSpatialDataOnTheWeb in terms of
    requirements [recorded in
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action13]

      [49] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#ImprovingDiscoveryOfSpatialDataOnTheWeb
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action13]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-39 - Review
    [51]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#improvingdiscoveryofspatialdataontheweb in terms of
    requirements [on Andrea Perego - due 2015-05-20].

      [51] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#improvingdiscoveryofspatialdataontheweb

    <phila> ACTION: perego to review
    [52]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#GeospatialExtensionsToDomainIndependentMetadataSchemas
    in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [53]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action14]

      [52] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#GeospatialExtensionsToDomainIndependentMetadataSchemas
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action14]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-40 - Review
    [54]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#geospatialextensionstodomainindependentmetadataschemas
    in terms of requirements [on Andrea Perego - due 2015-05-20].

      [54] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#geospatialextensionstodomainindependentmetadataschemas

    kerry: but include the specific sub cases as part of the
    description of the general requirement

    <phila> ACTION: perego to review
    [55]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#ImprovingDiscoveryOfSpatialDataOnTheWeb in terms of
    requirements [recorded in
    [56]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action15]

      [55] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#ImprovingDiscoveryOfSpatialDataOnTheWeb
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action15]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-41 - Review
    [57]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#improvingdiscoveryofspatialdataontheweb in terms of
    requirements [on Andrea Perego - due 2015-05-20].

      [57] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#improvingdiscoveryofspatialdataontheweb

    Alejandro_Llaves: [... indicates that this could be complex]

    kerry: I think this is OK - it's ok for a requirement to refer
    back to multiple delierables

    <phila> ACTION: Archer to contact Erwin Folmer and ask him to
    review
    [58]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#INSPIREComplianceUsingWebStandards in terms of
    requirements [recorded in
    [59]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action16]

      [58] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#INSPIREComplianceUsingWebStandards
      [59] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action16]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-42 - Contact erwin folmer and ask him
    to review
    [60]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#inspirecomplianceusingwebstandards in terms of
    requirements [on Phil Archer - due 2015-05-20].

      [60] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#inspirecomplianceusingwebstandards

    <phila> ACTION: Grossner to review
    [61]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#EventlikeGeographicFeatures in terms of requirements
    [recorded in
    [62]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action17]

      [61] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#EventlikeGeographicFeatures
      [62] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action17]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-43 - Review
    [63]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#eventlikegeographicfeatures in terms of requirements [on
    Karl Grossner - due 2015-05-20].

      [63] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#eventlikegeographicfeatures

    kerry: I think the way that the document is structured, it's ok
    to refer to multiple deliverabes

    <ChrisLittle> +1 for Kerry 's single req

    <phila> ACTION: Tandy to review
    [64]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#CreationOfVirtualObservationsfromAnalysisPhaseOfWeatherP
    redictionModel in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [65]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action18]

      [64] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#CreationOfVirtualObservationsfromAnalysisPhaseOfWeatherPredictionModel
      [65] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action18]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-44 - Review
    [66]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#creationofvirtualobservationsfromanalysisphaseofweatherp
    redictionmodel in terms of requirements [on Jeremy Tandy - due
    2015-05-20].

      [66] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#creationofvirtualobservationsfromanalysisphaseofweatherpredictionmodel

    Alejandro_Llaves: so- sub requirements get rolled up into their
    primary?

    kerry: yes

    Frans: agrees with @kerry

    <phila> ACTION: Lemme to review
    [67]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#IncorporatingGeospatialDataIntoInteractive3DGraphicsOnTh
    eWeb in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [68]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action19]

      [67] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#IncorporatingGeospatialDataIntoInteractive3DGraphicsOnTheWeb
      [68] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action19]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-45 - Review
    [69]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirement
    s.html#incorporatinggeospatialdataintointeractive3dgraphicsonth
    eweb in terms of requirements [on Stefan Lemme - due
    2015-05-20].

      [69] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/usecases/sdwusecasesandrequirements.html#incorporatinggeospatialdataintointeractive3dgraphicsontheweb

    Frans: make it lean and mean ... not too many and not a
    hierarchy

    ChrisLittle: supports kerry's perspective
    ... we want to avoid space, time and space-time versions of the
    same requirements

    Linda: when we looked at the requirements we came up with lots
    of sub-requirements
    ... they were often "cryptic" so we needed to add more detail
    to clarify
    ... adding sub requirements was a good way to do this ... to
    make them testable

    Frans: I also had problems with some of the requirements - many
    were only a single line of text
    ... they need to be clear - if you don't understand, please
    raise an issue and the editors will fix
    ... I like examples - include these for clarification
    ... the group could help by looking at the requirements to see
    if they are clear - that would be helpful

    Linda: so the requirements doc is [stable] enough to do that
    now?

    Frans: at the moment we [editors] are working through
    requirements now

    Alejandro_Llaves: until we have the first public draft
    ... the FPWD will include a transcript of the spreadsheet

    <Frans> I hear the drummer get busy

    eparsons: to clarify - the editors recommendation is to hold
    off reviewing the requirements spreadsheet
    ... until FPWD?

    Frans: perhaps

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +q

    Frans: if people do the actions currently being generated by
    @phila then this will help with the review
    ... so let's wait until the actions have been completed

    kerry: @Linda - there's nothing to stop you providing review
    now
    ... if you spot something please raise it with the editors

    Alejandro_Llaves: please provide review and comment -
    ... from the _spreadsheet_ ... the document is not finished!
    ... we're still transcribing things across

    eparsons: thanks for clarifying that
    ... EVERYONE: do you actions for next week
    ... moving on
    ... remaining agenda items are more homework
    ... review the principles page
    ... look at what's there now

    <Zakim> kerry, you wanted to speak on principles

    eparsons: it does require more work

    kerry: I've added some stuff on the wiki about principles ...
    just a couple of hours ago
    ... add your own comments
    ... please use your names so we can argue (oops) clarify the
    points

    [principles wiki page:
    [70]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Principles]

      [70] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Principles]

    <ChrisLittle> s /volunteer/victim/

    eparsons: we're going to be looking for BP doc editors ...
    please think about that
    ... also please be aware that you can add stuff to the standing
    agenda
    ... e.g. a presentation or topic that you would like to discuss
    ... AOB?

    <Zakim> phila, you wanted to ask who's going to GWF

    <eparsons> I going to GWF

    phila: is anyone going to the [INSPIRE] Lisbon meeting -
    particularly Tuesday evening?

    eparsons: I'll be there

    <AndreaPerego> Won't be in Lisbon for the INSPIRE ‐ Geospatial
    World Forum 2015

    [anything for a social!]

    Frans: how would we share the presentations?

    eparsons: do this as part of the regular meeting ... using this
    new fangled webex thing too
    ... and please add the presentations on the wiki too
    ... of course, we want content related to our scope - [not
    anything random]

    kerry: can we try next week?

    Frans: [offers to be guineapig]

    eparsons: thanks

    <ChrisLittle> bye

    <Alejandro_Llaves> thanks, bye!

    eparsons: ok - we're done today

    <AndreaPerego> Thanks, bye

    bye

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: AndreaPerego to review
    [71]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#GeospatialExtensionsToDomainIndependentMetadataSchemas
    in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [72]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action11]
    [NEW] ACTION: AndreaPerego to review
    [73]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#ImprovingDiscoveryOfSpatialDataOnTheWeb in terms of
    requirements [recorded in
    [74]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action13]
    [NEW] ACTION: Archer to contact Erwin Folmer and ask him to
    review
    [75]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#INSPIREComplianceUsingWebStandards in terms of
    requirements [recorded in
    [76]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action16]
    [NEW] ACTION: Bill Roberts to check that the requirements have
    been captured from
    [77]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#SelectHierarchicalGeographicalRegionsForUseInDataAnalysi
    sOrVisualisation [recorded in
    [78]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: erich to review
    [79]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#TCGAMicroscopyImaging in terms of requirements [recorded
    in [80]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action10]
    [NEW] ACTION: Grossner to review
    [81]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#EventlikeGeographicFeatures in terms of requirements
    [recorded in
    [82]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action17]
    [NEW] ACTION: kerry to review
    [83]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#CropYieldEstimationUsingMultipleSatellites, which came
    from Zheng-Shu Zhou, in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [84]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action12]
    [NEW] ACTION: kerry to review
    [85]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#CrowdSourcedEarthquakeObservationInformation, which came
    from Aaron Sedgmen of Geoscience Australia, in terms of
    requirements [recorded in
    [86]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action09]
    [NEW] ACTION: kerry to review
    [87]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#LandsatDataServices, which came from Aaron Sedgmen of
    Geoscience Australia, in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [88]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: kerry to review
    [89]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#MetadataAndSearchGranularity, which came from Aaron
    Sedgmen of Geoscience Australia, in terms of requirements
    [recorded in
    [90]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: kerry to review
    [91]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#SatelliteDataProcessing in terms of requirements
    [recorded in
    [92]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Lemme to review
    [93]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#IncorporatingGeospatialDataIntoInteractive3DGraphicsOnTh
    eWeb in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [94]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action19]
    [NEW] ACTION: Linda to review
    [95]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#BuildingInformationManagementAndDataSharing, which came
    from Henk Schaap - Gobar, in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [96]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: perego to review
    [97]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#GeospatialExtensionsToDomainIndependentMetadataSchemas
    in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [98]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action14]
    [NEW] ACTION: perego to review
    [99]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirement
    s.html#ImprovingDiscoveryOfSpatialDataOnTheWeb in terms of
    requirements [recorded in
    [100]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action15]
    [NEW] ACTION: Simon to review
    [101]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequiremen
    ts.html#MarineObservationsDataConsumers in terms of
    requirements [recorded in
    [102]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Simon to review
    [103]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequiremen
    ts.html#MarineObservationsDataProviders in terms of
    requirements [recorded in
    [104]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: simon to review
    [105]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequiremen
    ts.html#MarineObservationsEMII in terms of requirements
    [recorded in
    [106]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Tandy to review
    [107]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequiremen
    ts.html#CreationOfVirtualObservationsfromAnalysisPhaseOfWeather
    PredictionModel in terms of requirements [recorded in
    [108]http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action18]

      [71] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#GeospatialExtensionsToDomainIndependentMetadataSchemas
      [72] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action11
      [73] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#ImprovingDiscoveryOfSpatialDataOnTheWeb
      [74] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action13
      [75] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#INSPIREComplianceUsingWebStandards
      [76] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action16
      [77] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#SelectHierarchicalGeographicalRegionsForUseInDataAnalysisOrVisualisation
      [78] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action01
      [79] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#TCGAMicroscopyImaging
      [80] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action10
      [81] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#EventlikeGeographicFeatures
      [82] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action17
      [83] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#CropYieldEstimationUsingMultipleSatellites,
      [84] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action12
      [85] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#CrowdSourcedEarthquakeObservationInformation,
      [86] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action09
      [87] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#LandsatDataServices,
      [88] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action07
      [89] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#MetadataAndSearchGranularity,
      [90] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action08
      [91] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#SatelliteDataProcessing
      [92] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action02
      [93] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#IncorporatingGeospatialDataIntoInteractive3DGraphicsOnTheWeb
      [94] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action19
      [95] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#BuildingInformationManagementAndDataSharing,
      [96] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action06
      [97] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#GeospatialExtensionsToDomainIndependentMetadataSchemas
      [98] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action14
      [99] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#ImprovingDiscoveryOfSpatialDataOnTheWeb
     [100] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action15
     [101] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#MarineObservationsDataConsumers
     [102] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action05
     [103] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#MarineObservationsDataProviders
     [104] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action04
     [105] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#MarineObservationsEMII
     [106] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action03
     [107] 
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#CreationOfVirtualObservationsfromAnalysisPhaseOfWeatherPredictionModel
     [108] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/13-sdw-minutes.html#action18

    [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 13 May 2015 14:07:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 2 September 2016 12:03:01 UTC