Re: Spatial context

Andreas's mail gives me the opportunity to explain the objection I
raised during the call [1] about the proposal of adding "spatial
context" into scope question #1 [2].

My main concern is that the use of "spatial context" in the scoping
question may be confusing, and probably unnecessary.

In my understanding, spatial context is specified through spatial data
- i.e., it denotes one of their possible uses. So, "spatial data"
should be inclusive enough - it would cover spatial data as a whole,
irrespective of their use.

Thanks!

Andrea

----
[1]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/18-sdw-minutes.html
[2]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Scope_questions_and_Requirements

--
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
Scientific / Technical Project Officer

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.