Re: Represent spatial data as Linked Data & easy to consume in the web stack

You might take a look at the report here <https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=64595> by Joan Maso. It seems the basic problem is that taking the JSON structure of GeoJSON and translating it directly into JSON-LD and hence into RDF leads to the same problem that GeoSPARQL dealt with — that representing individual coordinate numbers in RDF doesn’t make much sense. Much more sensible to keep the coordinate data in a literal such as WKT, which is the GeoSPARQL approach and also the one that Joan came up with.

Josh