Re: Cancellation architectural observations

quickly at least one thought: `this` inside a Promise callback, is not the
Promise itself so nothing could possibly work.

Moreover, you are setting an event that does not cancel, it resolves.
Meaning all attached Promised will resolve too which is IMO not what
"cancel" mans in the dictionary.

My code brancches out resolving without executing, it's a **very**
different approach. It solves a forever pending problem, without
triggering. Also, in your example, if I trigger a `cancel` in a promise
created though `then` via the cancelable method, nothing would happen which
is undesired in a chained expected behavior.