Re: Ambient light API redesign

From: Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 14:24:13 +0200
To: Olli Pettay <olli@pettay.fi>
Cc: Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>, Tim Volodine <timvolodine@google.com>, Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>, public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>, Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Olli Pettay <olli@pettay.fi> wrote:

> I see. If permission is required for many sensors, there sure should be
> some way to request permission only once.

Now that's an interesting point that I hadn't thought about. It's still not
what I was getting at, though, which is that we should pick async or sync
w/ null initial value based on actual code examples, and listening to
developer feedback given both options can easily be polyfilled over
existing implementations.

--tobie