RE: [WebIDL] Remove ArrayClass?

From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 22:47:19 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
CC: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>
From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com]

> As far as I know, the plan is still to do [ArrayClass] for the results of el.queryAll()

The plan is to actually return a full array subclass.

There have been some thoughts of making it return a plain old Array while we wait for browsers to implement subclassable built-ins. That would remove the ability to do jQuery-style `document.body.queryAll(...).query(...)` but still give many of the benefits.