Re: Fetch API

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 17:46:12 +0200
To: Marcos <marcos@marcosc.com>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Jungkee Song <jungkee.song@samsung.com>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, Joshua Bell <jsbell@chromium.org>, Jake Archibald <jaffathecake@gmail.com>, Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com>
On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Marcos <marcos@marcosc.com> wrote:
> I would change them to:
> enum RequestMode { "same-origin", "cors", "cors-tainted", "cors-preflight" };

cors-preflight does not really express the same thing. "cors" might
have preflights too. But maybe I should hide the difference between
CORS and CORS-with-forced-preflight at the API level.

>> enum RequestOmitCredentialsMode { "always", "CORS", "never" };
>
> The item "CORS" here is not self evident (unlike "always"/"never" modes). Can you find a better word?

Jake came up with same-origin which works if you rename omit
credentials mode to credentials mode and flip the other values as
well. That's implemented now.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/