RE: Fetch API

From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 06:06:54 +0000
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Joshua Bell <jsbell@chromium.org>, Jungkee Song <jungkee.song@samsung.com>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Jake Archibald <jaffathecake@gmail.com>, Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com>
CC: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Overall it looks really solid. Only a few things I could think of:

- Named constructors scare me (I can't figure out how to make them work in JavaScript without breaking at least one of the normal invariants). I think a static factory method would make more sense for RedirectResponse.

- HeaderMap should have a constructor that takes an iterable of [key, value] pairs, in the same way Map does.

- I like HeaderMap a lot, but for construction purposes, I wonder if a shorthand for the usual case could be provided. E.g. it would be nice to be able to do

fetch("http://example.com", {
  headers: {
    "X-Foo": "Bar"
  }
});

instead of, assuming a constructor is added,

fetch("http://example.com", {
  headers: new HeaderMap([
    ["X-Foo", "Bar"]
  ])