Re: Spec for [Global] does not seem to be quite web-compatible, and none of the UAs are really compatible with each other

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 11:12:18 -0500
To: "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
On 12/22/13 1:31 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Any other bright ideas?

Cameron suggested just implementing the Safari behavior here.  Specifically:

1)  Come up with a new extended attribute to replace
[TreatNonCallableAsNull].  Maybe [TreatNonObjectAsNull].

2)  When [TreatNonObjectAsNull] is used, which would only be for event
handlers, treat non-objects as null, but allow any object, whether
callable or not.

3)  When invoking the event handler, just do nothing (and pretend the
return value of the call was undefined) if the object is not callable.

4)  Leave the on* properties directly on the global.

The more I think about this, the more it seems to me like the way to go.

Anyone objecting?