Re: How to correctly spec sequences requiring an iterable

From: Brendan Eich <brendan@secure.meer.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:45:36 -0800
To: Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Jason Orendorff <jason.orendorff@gmail.com>
CC: public-script-coord@w3.org
Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> This is an API design issue and I'd argument that such an overload is bad design.

Yup.

Again it seems clear that while WebIDL may need to allow badly designed
overloads, some widely circulated manual of style should weigh against
badly designed overloads. I know, bad design is part of life, but has
anyone written such a manual of style? Where's WebIDL's Robert Graves or
Eric Partridge (I won't cite Strunk & White favorably :-P).

/be