Re: moved Web IDL development to GitHub

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:

> On 06/11/2013 17:28 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> > Sorry to be a pain, but it would be much better (in terms of
> > feedback, etc.) if it lived here:
> >
> > https://github.com/whatwg/idl
> >
> > Can you transfer ownership of your repo to the WHATWG org on GH,
> > please.
>

> I don't think that people flock to the WHATWG organisation page on GH
> (or any other for that matter) to pick what to provide feedback on…

No, but you instantly get a crapload of people automatically subscribed to watch for changes. You can see them all here:
https://github.com/whatwg?tab=members

It also makes it much easier for people to find the spec. I don’t need to remember what Cam’s GH username is every time I want to look at the spec, I just type github.com/whatwg in my address bar.

> Cameron can of course do this whichever way he prefers, but it smells
> strongly of make-work to me.

Well, otherwise, he needs to add the relevant people to his repository (in case he vanishes or whatever, so we can review and merge PRs as needed). Having only one person in control of the spec and administration is not ideal.

So, go on Cam, be a champ and move it to the WHATWG … and ignore that Robin character ;)

--
Marcos Caceres