Re: [whatwg] Document referrer and script entry point

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> It's about both, since they're identical, as far as I can tell.  The
> text at
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/dom.html#dom-document-referrer
> and at
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/fetching-resources.html#fetch
> step 2 "navigating" case are basically the same, and there's a Note at
> the former that says so.

Fair enough. (I should probably change document.referrer to be defined in
terms of the value computed in the 'fetch' algorithm, so that I only
have to fix it in one place if it's wrong.)

Anyway.

The question is what should the Referer header be for C in this case?:

   <!DOCTYPE HTML> <!-- A -->
   <iframe src=B></iframe>
   <script>
    onload = function () {
      document.getElementsByTagName('iframe')[0].contentWindow.test();
    };
   </script>

   <!DOCTYPE HTML> <!-- B -->
   <iframe></iframe>
   <script>
    function test() {
      document.getElementsByTagName('iframe')[0].contentWindow.location = 'C';
    };
   </script>

In that case, the answer is B, because "the browsing context of the script
that invoked the method" is B's, so that's the source browsing context, so
in the fetch algorithm /document/ is B, and so we use its address.

Which is what Bobby said. :-)

Sorry for being slow on this thing. I'm fine with changing it.