Re: [whatwg] Document referrer and script entry point

On 10/22/12 6:39 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2012, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2012OctDec/0014.html
>
> I'm confused. The cited document is talking about the DOM API

In the first line, yes?  That's how Bobby was testing what gets sent
over HTTP, because that's the simplest way to observe what was sent over
HTTP in a browser test suite: you just examine the DOM of the resulting
document.

> not the HTTP header. But earlier you said this was about the HTTP header, not the
> API.

It's about both, since they're identical, as far as I can tell.  The
text at
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/dom.html#dom-document-referrer
and at
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/fetching-resources.html#fetch
step 2 "navigating" case are basically the same, and there's a Note at
the former that says so.