RE: variable declarations shadowing named properties on window

I don't consider ids, names, frame-names, etc., to be "own properties", they are "dynamic" or "virtual" properties; said another way, they are "internal" properties to the platform object. I can't imagine an implementation that actually creates real data properties on the instance for such properties--it would be a maintenance nightmare. Am I totally off here?