Re: html for scholarly communication: RASH, Scholarly HTML or Dokieli?

Sarven,

I referred to RASH and SH in my previous mail, and I am happy to add dokieli patterns to the lot. My main point was: I think we need comparative data which we do not really have. (Note that I do not have any take in any of these formats, i.e., I do not really care which one comes out as the most appropriate one!).

As for Javascript: I may not have been clear. Of course I would count on CSS to cover the different formats, without the need for anything else. The point where Javascript _may_ come into the picture is handling the reference formats although Johannes’ approach of using some sort of an off-line processing like Bibtex or other processors based on CSL (no Johannes, I am not really familiar with it, b.t.w., thanks for point that one out) may be also a reasonable approach.

Ivan

---
Ivan Herman
World Wide Web Consortium