Re: best practice to represent social media accounts for org like Fire departments, Police, etc.

Yeah, I guess technically that would be extra information on
the relationship between the Organization and the UserAccount, but
schema.org isn't that normalized usually.  You could use Role (*small
shudder*).

It would be totally fine to add more properties.  I personally need the
type for creation/deletion dates/status on the accounts.  There's just no
abstraction for the concept to hang any of these ideas.  Maybe it could be
a description or category or something new.

I was just using that URI as a local identifier.  It could be a blank node
with just a provider that uniquely identified it.