Re: Translations for schema.org?

Within the project translation space, one of the projects I have admired is
the WordPress community, and how they have architected their translation
process. My inspirational take away from how they structured their
multilingual project (using .po files) is that with each software release
the translations are also versioned to match the core software release.
This allows for independent progress between the main/core and local
(translations) files. Core can progress incrementally and then one can look
at ES or DE and see when they were last in sync. It might be that all the
new additions since a particular release were in a section of schema which
is not particularly relevant (e.g. bio, or bib).

It might be the case that only two or three rdfs:comment objects are
updated in a versioned release (aside from totally new additions). One
advantage with this approach I have found is that much of the work can be
automated. By automation I mean the connection to translation volunteers.
So, if an rdfs:comment gets updated then all the contributors across all
the local files can be notified that their translation should be reviewed.
Looking across the elements is different from looking down the language
based columns. There may be a pool of translators who might contribute to a
particular language file. These can be contacted with each new release for
just the new elements in that release. Working both horizontally across
elements/types/attributes and  vertically across languages can help make
more efficient use of volunteers.

all the best,
- Hugh