Re: No more Schema.org data on YouTube

From: Hans Polak <info@polak.es>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 10:58:33 +0200
To: public-schemaorg@w3.org
Hi!

 > However would still be interesting to know why they do that.

Just a guess, but when you serve dynamic content, both speed and size
matter. In this case, I'd venture that speed is an issue. When a request
comes in, one check to see if it's a browser is faster than adding the
schema.org info.

A different model would result in higher speeds, but the "serve all
requests dynamically" model is the standard. I have done some work on a
"mixed content" server, but haven't pursued it. For organizations like
Google, having a "mixed content" server would result in huge savings.
Just saying.

Cheers,
Hans Polak