Re: Schema.org, Enumerations and Wikidata proposal

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 19:10:01 +0200
To: "R.V.Guha" <guha@guha.com>
On 11 April 2017 at 19:00, R.V.Guha <guha@guha.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:
>>
>> Someone is also bound to mention versioning and whether Wikidata's
>> type and property names are volatile and whether we should use Q12345
>> IDs instead; I suggest we defer that conversation for now.
>>

> Which is kind of why it would be better to periodically copy over. The
> stability expectations of wikidata vs schema.org are different.

Perhaps, although we had a similar trajectory to more clearly
identified snapshots/releases. They might find value in doing this
too. Or outsourcing that role to schema.org. Worth sync'ing with them
before writing too much code, at least - there may be variations on
the idea that will make this effort more useful in the Wikidata
ecosystem.