Re: Question on expressing translations of terms

Hi Felix,

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:04:52 +0100, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org> wrote:

> It seems that schema.org <http://schema.org/> as of writing would not
> allow to express the relation for terms „A is a translation from B“ or
> „A is an abbreviation from B“. It is already possible to express that A
> is translation of B, see
>
> http://bib.schema.org/translationOfWork
> <http://bib.schema.org/translationOfWork>
>
> but this is specific to works, not translated terms.

A schema is a CreativeWork. And each term in it is a CreativeWork.

But what you are translating is the name, not the term itself since that's
just an identifier.

> Would the below make sense?

I *think* you're making the wrong graph, since you seem to be claiming
that the german equivalent of http://example.com/my-term-data-base-entry-1
is http://example.com/my-term-data-base-entry-2 which has a different
name, whereas I think you just want to say the name in english is
screwdriver, in german is schraubendreher, etc.

So what you really want to do is translate the annotations of schema that
are meant to be read by people. And your translation is indeed a
translation of a CreativeWork… (or at least parts of it, which is the same
thing in effect).

cheers

Chaals