Question about JSON-LD Data Types

From: Dan Guo <dguo1113@stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 19:28:20 -0700
Hello all!

As a followup to the email
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schemaorg/2016Apr/0009.html>,
I am curious if there is any search support by Google or others for
http://health-lifesci.webschemas.org/  in JSON-LD format. It seems as
if the data supported in JSON-LD are a limited few from this link
https://developers.google.com/structured-data/schema-org.

Is that the intended purpose, to allow for this health-lifesci schema
to be used mostly in microdata or RDFa format? For example, if I were
to use a webpage that had such a JSON-LD blob, following this tutorial
https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/structured_data#using-pagemaps
and using Control Panel, the custom searches only surface the texts of
the HTML file, not the hidden JSON-LD packet.

Any insights into this issue would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan Guo