Re: journal article for next call?

Sorry I only managed to get on the very end of the call so you may well have covered this in your discussions.

I can see the motivation, but I think that its misleading in other ways - especially as the issue will have a physical manifestation in some cases.
I'd argue that the issue is a creative work - especially if we are talking about issues of less "academic" periodicals - for example the January issue of Wired is surely a creative work in it's own right? The issues will have editorials which are based around the issue, although they are obviously creative works in their own right as well.
We also hit the problem of dealing with edited monographs where each chapter is originally an article published elsewhere - how do these differ from a journal issue in terms of creativity? (they differ in other ways of course - not least in their relationship to a 'journal')

So - I think while for some issues I'd agree the creativity involved in building the issue is minimal, I don't think this applies across the board and I don't fancy getting into debates as to which issues are creative and which are not!

In terms of pagination going into CreativeWork I don't feel strongly - there are plenty of properties on CreativeWork that don't apply to all more specific types under CreativeWork so I don't see a particular problem there if the wider community is OK with it. It would apply to book chapters if there is markup for those in the future which would be nice.

Finally I can't say I'm keen on Issuance although it's not something I'd lose sleep over. Perhaps something like 'PublicationIssue' might work?

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com