Re: InstanceOf/derivativeOf

I tend to hold the same suspicions as Antoine as to the content of those
'few drinks'. I believe your wife was nearer with oneOf.  However, I'm not
sure either convey the meaning of the generic relationship we are trying
to achieve.

Personally the test I apply to these is to imagine a set of 3 or more
CreativeWorks thus:

      >hasInstance           >hasInstance         >hasInstance
>hasInstance
     /            \         /             \      /             \
/             \
Story           Story-in-English       Story-in-Book
Story-in-pbk-book     story-in-book-in-library
     \             /        \             /      \             /
      isInstanceOf<          isInstanceOf<        isInstanceOf<
isInstanceOf<

I know this is stretching it a bit, but doing this tends to highlight
where focussing in on individual use-cases hides where things are not
appropriate elsewhere.  In the above example I believe 'instance' works as
a broad compromise, where as 'record', 'derivation', 'expression',
'realisation', and others seem to possibly work better in one area but
much worse in others.

~Richard.