Re: Re: alternate identifier draf

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung@oclc.org> wrote:
> I agree that the pattern already exists and should be generalized instead of reinvented. The essential pattern is ultimately SKOS. Schema.org is making a mess by not realizing it.
>
> "String" identifiers are buggy whips.

If that were really true, we wouldn't be having this discussion
because the various identifier issuing organizations would have been
publishing URIs for their identifiers for years, if not decades.  What
percentage of ISO identifiers (country codes, etc) have URIs minted
for them by ISO?  What percentage for other popular organizations?

Tom