Re: schema-course-extend: credential or award offered through course.

IMHO, there would be value in a broad definition of a Credential class that
is inclusive of these various meanings and communities of practice--from
crypto to education--and then support contextual subclassing. The concern
here is with subclasses of Credential that address some aspect of education
(e.g., Degrees, Certificate, Badges etc.)...but they are nevertheless
subclasses of Credential.

That said, I am still very much in favor of doing what Phil suggests in
simply getting Course handled and then let these finer issues of slicing
and dicing the credential environment be handled by folks looking at that
context as a specific problem.

Stuart