RE: schema course extend: Progress!

I am happy to approve this material.
Alan Paull

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Barker [mailto:phil.barker@hw.ac.uk]
Sent: 19 August 2016 10:09
To: public-schema-course-extend@w3.org
Subject: schema course extend: Progress!

Hello all,

this is a request to approve the proposal that the most stable parts of our work so far into the core of schema.org. More detail about this are at
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/195#issuecomment-240729669

but in brief:

Dan Brickley asked me what Course-related terms I felt were most stable.
He wishes to show some tangible progress and to stabilize the building blocks that we will need later (and so do I).

We agreed that
   * Course + properties: courseCode, coursePrerequisites, hasCourseInstance
   * CourseInstance + properties: courseMode, instructor are at a stage where we can consider moving them into the schema.org core.

After yesterday's discussion, I think we can now add educationalCredentialAwarded  to that list.

So, please review
http://pending.webschemas.org/Course

http://pending.webschemas.org/courseCode

http://pending.webschemas.org/coursePrerequisites

http://pending.webschemas.org/educationalCredentialAwarded

http://pending.webschemas.org/hasCourseInstance

http://pending.webschemas.org/CourseInstance

http://pending.webschemas.org/courseMode

http://pending.webschemas.org/instructor

and indicate whether you agree that these should be proposed for inclusion in the core of the next release of schema.org.

Phil

--
Phil Barker           @philbarker
LRMI, Cetis, ICBLhttp://people.pjjk.net/phil Heriot-Watt University