Re: tracking state changes in a temporal read-write web

On 5/21/21 2:42 PM, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> Forgot one more UX example:
> https://golden.com/ <https://golden.com/>

Yes, very aware of them.

I track many of these tools very closely. In some cases, I even know the
founders behind them etc.. Many of my interactions with these founders,
products, and associated community inform my views about applications
and interoperability focus.

If Data is unshackled from Data Silos all of these apps will work
together harmoniously.

Hyperlinks as Data Source Names is the critical glue for making this
real, as long as we all learn to work together rather than against one
another :)

Kingsley

> [...]
>     agent can
>     > > cross-reference the new data with the rest of the data in its
>     > > application, e.g. using SPARQL if the storage supports it.
>     > > Authentication, authorization are of course also in this
>     picture, but
>     > > they are orthogonal, so for the sake of simplicity we can skip
>     them
>     > > for now.
>     > >
>     > > Is that too simplistic? Then please show me an RDF-based app
>     that can
>     > > do this out-of-the-box.
>     >
>     >
>     > Nice and simple use-case.
>
>     I'm glad we're in agreement here, that doesn't happen so often ;)
>
>     >
>     > Here's a suggestion re most basic RWW use-case:
>     >
>     > A simple Application deployed in Single Page Application mode (ie.,
>     > HTML, CSS, and JS) that can achieve the following:
>     >
>     > 1. Authenticate using a variety of protocols
>     >
>     > 2. Insert, Update, or Delete Data using a simple data entry form
>     or via
>     > SPARQL; authentication is multi-protocol thereby offering choices;
>     > storage options included a File System or DBMS; and all this
>     subject to
>     > ACLs in place.
>     >
>     >
>     > Example:
>     >
>     > [1] https://github.com/OpenLinkSoftware/single-page-apps
>     <https://github.com/OpenLinkSoftware/single-page-apps>
>
>     I checked the demo here:
>     https://openlinksoftware.github.io/single-page-apps/data-entry-form.html
>     <https://openlinksoftware.github.io/single-page-apps/data-entry-form.html>
>
>     Technically this example might match the description in my use case.
>     As does Atomic Data (https://atomicdata.dev/
>     <https://atomicdata.dev/>) mentioned by Jonas.
>     But my take is that these are demos and nowhere near consumer
>     products. There is *a lot* lacking, especially in terms of UX -- it
>     doesn't seem like it's evolved much since the beginning of Linked Data
>     10+ years ago.
>     First of all, we heard a number of times from commercial users that
>     they are not interested in seeing the technical details of RDF. So
>     editing raw triples (rather than entities with properties), displaying
>     raw URIs -- that's a no go from the start.
>
>     Now take a look at Roam Research [1], Notion [2] and their UX. Heck,
>     even at the Freebase demo from 2008 that shows parallax navigation
>     [3].
>     The question is: how do we close the UX gap to the level of those
>     products, while building with the basic read-write Linked Data (RDF
>     CRUD) and SPARQL building blocks that we have at hand?
>
>     Hint: we have some opinionated ideas [4].

Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com
Community Support: https://community.openlinksw.com
Weblogs (Blogs):
Company Blog: https://medium.com/openlink-software-blog