Re: Discord

Quoting Melvin Carvalho (2021-05-21 17:35:10)
> On Fri, 21 May 2021 at 16:47, Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:
>
> > Quoting Timothy Holborn (2021-05-21 16:18:13)
> > > There is an old slack group [...] and, there's also IRC [...] But
> > > i thought, discord - is fairly awesome...
[...]
> > > should it be found to have usefulness as an idea...
[...]
> > Discord is a walled garden.  Free software, yes, but not federated
> > data.
> >
> > I will therefore *not* participate on Discord - in case that
> > matters.
>
> Yes, it matters :)

[details about matrix snipped]

Before we discuss which system to use and for what reasons: Do we find
it a useful idea for this group to use text chat?

My experience in using both mailinglists and text chat (matrix, irc and
XMPP) every day, is that mailinglists are best for mindful comments
while text chat is best for casual social "hanging out".

>  If there's an appetite for a group chat system, we could explore
> that.  I'd favour it being as inclusive as possible, over technical
> features.

I am open to try use text chat here if others are ok to use open
platform and want to drive it - I will not drive it myself, though.

 - Jonas