Re: Discord

On Sat, 22 May 2021 at 01:30, Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:

> Quoting Timothy Holborn (2021-05-21 17:11:43)
> > We probably shouldn't promote restrictions on thought; or ways people
> > can communicate...
> >
> > There's 7.8Bn or so people on this planet...
> >
> > I think, our works, try to support all of them.
> >
> > Not just a handful within it...
>
> Sorry, I don't follow.  You wrote the above quoting our earlier posts
> about Discord and Matrix, so I guess it is directly related to that.
>
> Do you mean to say that this group choosing to use one chat system or
> another promotes restrictions on thought?  Or that it harms anyone -
> within the group or outside it - in their right to free speech?

Well, my thinking is that the beneficiaries of open web standards works -
should be humanity...

So, if there's a diversity of opinions (quorum) exhibited within a group;
whose works, can have such enormous 'mass effect' (far more than a
combatant in WW1/2 or similar); then - that's perhaps, a good thing -
subject to 'shared values' (which are founded upon laws).

Not just those who help make 'things', for whatever reason, motivation,
socio-economic implication, etc...

(ie: credentials - a few links / examples provided:
https://soundcloud.com/ubiquitous-au/credentialscgtelecon2015-06-02medical
although not extensive, but nonetheless, looks like it'll be having an
impact on, seemingly, the entirety of humanity).

Therein; DID has two meanings, one is within the field of mental health
that denotes 'dissociative behaviours'  (known as DID), the other is about
web-standards work; that as far as i know, first hit the lists:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments/2014May/0033.html

and; for what its worth, i like what Pindar (
https://www.beltandroadblockchain.org/ ) had to say, now some time ago
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPjEpWw-2J8
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPjEpWw-2J8>

but therein; is a series of considerations linked to:
https://youtu.be/ZYPjXz1MVv0

Yet - all i do, is my best.  doesn't mean i'm right - but that also doesn't
mean i'm bad... different semantics, therein, imo...  temporally...

TCH.