Re: Coherent (modern) definition of RWW

On Mon, 17 May 2021 at 17:45, Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>
wrote:

> LDP is a poor protocol period.
>
> Graph Store Protocol is more appropriate for RWW. After all, Linked
> Data can be looked at as a giant global table of quads.

Thanks Martynas

I've added GSP to our wiki with the text:

"Graph Store Protocol describes the use of HTTP operations for the purpose
of managing a collection of RDF graphs. This interface is an alternative to
the SPARQL 1.1 Update protocol."

https://www.w3.org/community/rww/wiki/ReadWrite_Protocols#Graph_Store_Protocol

I also added LDP, as the page has not had much love in a while.  Feel free
to improve it, if you like

The abstract of LDP is actually quite interesting:

"Linked Data Platform (LDP) defines a set of rules for HTTP operations on
web resources, some based on RDF, t*o provide an architecture for
read-write Linked Data on the web*" [emphasis mine]

The impression I get from folks is that the reaction to LDP is kind
luke-warm at best.  As an architecture, similar to webdav, it may be
missing some other pieces

Graph Store Protocol seems a valid thing to use.  I suppose it depends if
you want to use a file system, or set up a data store.  Both approaches
will need to be handled, I think