Re: Coherent (modern) definition of RWW

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 7:19 PM Tomasz Pluskiewicz <tomasz@t-code.pl> wrote:

> And yet isn’t most software worldwide plain JSON over HTTP, with some RAML
> or Open API if you’re lucky?
>
> But I think I will stop here, since we appear to be getting nowhere :)

Agree on both points, seeing this degenerate into httpRange-14, confusion
over resource vs representation, confusion over protocols vs abstract
concepts, of the duality of resource names, is a pity indeed.

Regarding JSON over HTTP, could that not be a part of RWW? If we focus on
being media type agnostic, and avoid rdf/linked data completely, then it'll
work for everything, which includes linked data. Focus on the super set.

Tomasz, fwiw Melvin & I were playing around with linkedobjects some time
ago, like a mini version of json-ld that you stick in data islands, then
access automatically via globalThis, is was actually v simple to both
implement and use, like a 5 line shim that made json-ld and json accessible
in a nice way.