Re: Coherent (modern) definition of RWW

Quoting Kingsley Idehen (2021-05-17 15:39:52)
> On 5/17/21 8:44 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> > The concept of RWW started a long time ago.
>

> Yes, it is as old as the World Wide Web (Web) itself.

> > Question posed is;
> >
> > What's the modern (well referenced) definition?  (Incremental growth
> > of past "definitions, etc.  Perhaps therein also, better clarity of
> > previously assumed characteristics / constituencies, etc.)
>

> A Read-Write Web is a hyperlink-based network that offers both read
> and write capabilities to its users. Nothing has changed, bar
> increased murkiness surrounding:
>
> 1. Identity
> 2. Identification
> 3. Authentication
> 4. Authorization
> 5. Storage

As I understand it, some of the hype around blockchain is that it
addresses some of the above - and some the criticism is that it does not
address all of them (other criticism is that price is too high).

Same/similar for Holochain and IPFS.

I dearly hope that the Safe Network succeeds and reaches critical mass,
as it seems to me that it addresses all of the above 5 points, with a
cost directly tied to the operations themselves (the Safenet equivalent
of bitcoin "mining" is to contribute storage or bandwidth or validation
to the network): https://safenetwork.tech/faq/#what-is-the-safe-network

 - Jonas